The Top 10 Niches Of 2017
If you’ve been following along with the blog you know that picking a good niche is the first step to a successful drop shipping store. That’s why we focus on niche selection heavily in our course.
It’s also why every year we take the time to analyze what’s working and give you Anton’s top 10 niches for drop shipping. But this year we’re changing it up. Because not only are we going to give you our top 10 niches of 2017, but we’re also showing you the top 10 niches of each previous year!
That’s 30 handpicked niches from Anton himself.
Now you’ll have the best niches of each year. All in one place. Because the previous year’s top 10 niches are still viable if you follow our method.
Top 10 Niches of 2015:
2015 was all about hobby niches. People are passionate about their hobbies and will gladly spend top dollar to support that passion!
The best part? These passionate people can be targeted over and over again with new content that can be loaded into your email autoresponder. You can literally target the same customers repeatedly by delivering real value that they will love to receive and share within their communities of real hobbyists.
This means less advertising costs for you, more buying traffic, and more loyal customers. Out of all the hobbies, we found that these 10 niches (in no particular order) were winners:
- Deep sea fishing
- Home Brewing
- Model Trains
- Arts & Crafts
- Doll Houses
These niches have a lot of opportunities to use smaller offers for building trust with your customers. That way they’re comfortable buying your main offer. Also, you can make some great free content with these niches to attract potential customers.
Top 10 Niches of 2016:
2016 was the year of the upsell. We chose niches that make you more money through selling add-ons with your main product. That means you make much more money per transaction.
Here are the top 10 niches of 2016 and some ideas for upsells:
- Power Tools -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Woodworking Plans
- Drum Sets -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Drum Lessons
- Gun Safes -> Value Added Upsell Idea: NRA Membership
- Wall Paper -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Interior Design Consultation
- Snowboards -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Snowboard Bags
- Trampolines -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Safety Net
- Fireplaces -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Fireplace Screens
- Desks -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Office Chairs
- Home Bars -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Bar Stools
- Above Ground Pools -> Value Added Upsell Idea: Pool Covers
Top 10 Niches of 2017:
Now that you’re all caught up with our top niches of the previous years it’s time to talk about 2017.
Each year we are learning and building on what we found out the previous year. So not only are we looking for those passionate segments of customers, but we want to have high upsell value to get more money with each transaction.
This year we’re focusing on the best passion niches that you can create Facebook groups around and become a leader in. If you build a thriving community around your products you will be able to sell more to your customers and get a ton of organic and referral traffic!
These niches are broad while still being specific. Meaning there are a lot of associated products you can sell with/after they purchase your main offer. Which means you’ll have huge upsells on the main offer AND be able to continually sell to them after!
Why Build A Community?
Building a great community will turn you into a trusted authority to your customers and newcomers alike. Facebook is a destination, a habit, a way of life. So if you can tie your brand to their Facebook AND have them interact, then you become more than just a store. You become a destination, a habit, and a way of life.
Just look at the average daily social media to see the potential:
Facebook comes in second place with an average of 35 minutes per day! That’s huge. You could have people’s attention tied up with your brand for 30+ minutes EVERY DAY.
So what niches are perfect for building Facebook groups with?
Here are the top 10 niches of 2017 for building communities with:
- MMA Training Equipment: Take advantage of the buzz created around fights
- Spelunking: It’s a competitive hobby, think photo bragging rights of “who climbed into that really really small hole”. Plus it’s usually a group activity.
- Survival Prepping: Think “Doomsday” Preppers.
- Exotic Pet Supplies: People, LOVE their pets, and they also LOVE talking about their pets.
- RC Cars & Planes: Not just for kids. Adults pay some serious bucks for this niche.
- Rock Climbing Equipment: Also a group activity. Many rock climbers join local climbing Facebook groups to meet fellow climbers & talk “rock”!
- Lawn Care: These are the type of people who win “Lawn of the Month”.
- Robot Building: Another expensive “toy” for adults. There are even robot competitions!
- Bio-Hacking: Huge trend up over the past few years.
- Amateur Photography: So many accessories to talk shop about: light boxes, stands, green screens, filters, etc.
With these niches, you’ll be able to build up an active Facebook group that your customer will love to interact with. More importantly, you’ll have a brand that they’ll love to buy from!
Now you have the best 30 niches from the last 3 years! With these ideas, you can get started on creating your own eCommerce store. And finally start living the lifestyle you’ve always wanted.
Want even more ideas RIGHT NOW? We’ve gathered 187 of the best niches for you to start your drop shipping store with. You can get the list and FREE training on my “187 Niches: Product Selection Made Easy” webinar. There should be some familiar faces in this list because we include the niches that made the top 10 over the years! So go ahead, sign up to get these niches and get started on your new lifestyle.